Apple Asks For $707M More in Damages from Samsung
For anyone siding with Samsung
1) It was deliberately styled to resemble Apple's fake leather calendar on the iPad and MacOS.
2) The stock Android calendar is much more beautiful than either.
3) Even Apple's ugly fake leather calendar is more attractive than the Samsung knockoff.
4) Samsung's ugly fake leather calendar is less functional than the stock Android Calendar
Now ask yourself-
Is Apple really stifling innovation with these lawsuits, or simply stifling a bunch of morons so lazy with their design and execution that they aren't even tasteful as to what they *copy.*
And yes, Apple is stifling innovation.
The Patents are:
1) white rectangle with rounded corners (white iPhone)
2) black rectangle with rounded corners (black iPhone)
3) homescreen: “a matrix of colorful square icons with evenly rounded corners”
4) double tap to zoom
5) pinch to zoom
6) bounce back i.e. "thre rubber band" effect.
Samsung was found not guilty for the iPad patent
7) larger rectangle with rounded corners
someone sounds like a bitter apple user.
This is actually one of Bluecoyote's more rational posts. Good call, though. Bluecoyote's other posts include such gems as,
"Most people who matter kind of already own an iPhone, iPad, or Mac."
One of many news items that show how easy overturning this "Win" for Apple is going to be. Jury Misconduct is big big big.
Everyone knows Apple is *GREAT* at polishing existing ideas and making something POP! I hate Apple but even I will admit they make a smooth product.
Every thing Apple has released in the recent past, including the iPhone, has been done before or has mountains of prior art. Tablet? Full screen touch phone? Multi-touch? bounce-back? Icons on the screen? etc etc etc. All plagued with prior art.
Everything on the iPhone 5? Already done on other phones.
Is Apple stifling innovation? Most definit...
This forum is closed.