Enhanced PTT Coming To AT&T This Year
Top message: Wow, really? by Vmac39
Replying to: Re: I'm not interested in PTT, Therefore, nobody else is by Vmac39
Re: I'm not interested in PTT, Therefore, nobody else is
YOU came out of the gate with a smug, know-it all attitude. So don't get your back up when someone else calls you out for your own personal blend of ignorance and arrogance. You are complicit, and you will reap what you sow.
Here are the facts:
1) Neither Verizon's nor ATT's PTT services can hold a candle to Nextel's, thus there was not a high uptake rate with those two carriers. They do not perform well, so people didn't like susing them and word got around they were nothing compared to Nextel. Thus, hardly any VZ or ATT PTT users.
2) Sprint's totally botched, heavy-handed approach to Nextel is what killed Nextel (and thus PTT in general) in its tracks.
3) The vast majority of people who have actually used a high-performance PTT system (i.e. Nextel) for any length of time soon realize that for a significant percentage of person-to-person communications, it is THE best tool there is. Faster, safer, more efficient. Not for the majority of communications, but it can easily be 20%, which is absolutely significant.
Unless you yourself have actually used Nextel for at least a few months, you have absolutely no ground on which to stand when you throw out statements like your initial posting pronouncing PTT a "FAIL". You certainly can express an opinion, but it is riduculous for you to pronounce an entire technology/application/service a "FAIL" if you have no actual knowledge & experience with it. THAT was your mistake.
- Re: I'm not interested in PTT, Therefore, nobody else is by Vmac39
- In My Experience by T Bone
- Re: I'm not interested in PTT, Therefore, nobody else is by island-guy
- Re: I'm not interested in PTT, Therefore, nobody else is by cellphonesaretools