Review: Nokia Lumia 900 for AT&T
A swing and a miss from Nokia
1. The screen has a really crappy bezel around it. This totally ruins the aesthetic of the phone. Quite frankly, this lack of attention to detail is what separates Apple from HTC, Samsung, etc. If Nokia is going to distinguish themselves, they need to pull out the stops on *all* of their hardware expertise and not just phone it in after they get 80% of the way there.
2. The tolerance of the SIM tray is pretty bad by iPhone 4s standards (which are super tight.) It always looks misaligned, though the dark color hides it, it looks pretty bad in the cooler colors.
3. The texture is a lot cheaper feeling than the N800. This isn't quite Samsung-grade cheap feeling, but this is noticeably worse.
4. The phone is larger without offering any improvement, aside from making things more jagged and lowering the dpi. I absolutely hate having to reposition my hand every time I try to reach a far element on screen. Not to mention, most of the larger size just went to bezel anyway- so why bother?
Quite honestly, Nokia needs to get their act together. They're competing with Apple for quality and Samsung for deluging the market with high-specced cheaply constructed phones.
- Re: A swing and a miss from Nokia by MarryTheNight
- You're signing a 24 month contract…. by bluecoyote
- Re: A swing and a miss from Nokia by muchdrama
- Re: A swing and a miss from Nokia by BigRed75
- Re: A swing and a miss from Nokia by Zpike
- Yadda, yadda, yadda... by muchdrama
- Re: Yadda, yadda, yadda... by Anxiovert
- Save the term fanboy for someone who rationalizes crap. by bluecoyote
- Re: A swing and a miss from Nokia by jjprusk