Review: Motorola W755
This forum is for discussion of this review. For general discussion of the Motorola W755, please check out our Motorola W755 forum ›
Motorola W755 Talking caller ID
I have done everything the book says, but when I call my cell from my home, it just rings. It doesn't say "call from Home" like it's supposed to.
sound on when in vibrate mode
Need comments on Motorola W755 sound muffled-Verizon
Got phone and it works okay. However while other people can hear me fine, their voice sounds muffled. The muffled sound occurs regardless of using just the phone, phone with wired headset via USB dongle, or phone with bluetooth..
Anyone else experience this?
Anyone recommend another phone with Verizon with decent battery life (or I can add an extended battery), good sound, easy to push buttons???
I could always change carriers and I could always wait 6 months until I find something I really like. Probably have to pay to get a different phone as this is only 3 months old.
Done with this POS phone
I even blew my wallet out on the Verizon rip-off price for extended battery.
Then, I broke the main screen on this 755. So for the past month, the only way I've been able to access my contacts is through the voice dial feature -- meaning a lot of shouted "NO!" and "BACK!" to the computerized female voice.
I pleaded with Verizon that I'd been a loyal customer for a decade, could I please get a discount on the new VX83...
AD discussions continues below...
How to sell an extended battery?
I'll part with it for $15.
I hated this phone since I got it. Sluggish and terrible.
Take the same card and read it from a computer and it shows the ful...
1. Is there any way to change the outter display coloring? Or is Black the only option?
2. I prefer the blue keypad backlight as opposed to the very very dim white backlighting. Any way to have it be blue at all times?
As for the backlight col...
W755 Offload Pictures to PC Help Help
I have the connection cable but when Windows tries to Find a driver on the Internet it cannot be found. Any suggestions ?
Caller ID; ringtones; software update?
1. Did Moto or Verizon ever come out with a software patch to fix the talking Caller ID issue?
2. You can text small music files to your phone, but can you set them as a caller-specific ringtone?
3. Have there been any other software updates?
Any and all replies appreciated!
1. Yes, talking Caller ID works.
2. Yes, I sent several
Does this phone support I Tunes??
Bluetooth won't pair
Has anyone had this happen with there W755?
I guess Monday after VD I'll take it to the Verizon store and see what they say.
How do I quickly do that on this phone??
Two questions about this phone
Also those of you with bluetooth.. how well does it work on this phone? I bought a Blueant Z9 bluetooth headset..and a Plantronics from Verizon for my Samsung, and neither of them worked well at all with the phone. I wasn't sure if this is a "Verizon crippling the bluetooth" or just the Samsung's bluetooth didn't work well.
The bluetooth works much better than my preveious Chocolate.
Trouble With Bluetooth
Also, the talking phone part that is under the sounds then voice readout. Does yours work if you set it to announce who is calling before it rings?
Mine won't do it and it is ...
does any one know how to hack into this phone,,,I had a lg 8300 and all i had to do was dail ##program8300. I have tried ##programW755 and ##program755 and it doesn't work.
You need to push: #073887*(p...
Cap / Cover to Charger Port
Toggling between Ringer and Vibrate
1. Is there any way to toggle between an audible ring tone and vibrate only with the phone closed w/o having to use the nonsense 'false' keys on the top portion of the phone - similar to the way that you were able to do so w/ a Razr?
2. Why when I toggle between an audible ring tone and vibrate only - whether using the outter buttons when the phone is closed or using the pound button when the phone is open - does it put the ring tone back to MEDIUM HIGH and not HIGH, as I had it when first switching to vibrate only? Any way to fix this?
Much thanks for any help that you may be able to provide.
When the phone is open, instead of using the pound key, just toggle th...