Phone Scoop

printed October 20, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=9534

Home  ›  News  ›

U.S. Gov. Won't Block Cell Phone Use in Cars

Article Comments  7  

Dec 22, 2011, 8:35 AM   by Eric M. Zeman

U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said that the Department of Transportation will not endorse the National Transportation Safety Board's recommendation that all cell phone use by drivers of automobiles be banned. The NTSB believes that even hands-free use of cell phones in cars needs to be prohibited for safety reasons, and earlier this month asked U.S. states to create the appropriate laws. The Department of Transportation can set policy, but the NTSB cannot. LaHood said hands-free calling "is not the big problem in America. If other people want to work on hands-free, so be it." LaHood's stance is a win for the auto and cellular industries.

more info at Wall Street Journal »

AD

Comments

Forum Options

This forum is closed.


Subject Author Date
Common Sense Made Here. Slammer Dec 22, 2011, 9:49 AM
i'm suprise some got brain!! netboy Dec 22, 2011, 10:57 AM
 
 
Page  1  of 1

This forum is closed.

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
2