AT&T Files to Stay DOJ Trial, Considering 'All Options'
The U.S. Department of Justice, AT&T, T-Mobile USA, and a number of U.S. states, today filed a joint motion with the court seeking to halt the Justice Department's lawsuit against AT&T over its proposal to acquire T-Mobile USA. In the filing, the signees state their intent to "put a hold on the court proceedings in the Antitrust Division’s challenge of AT&T’s proposed merger with T-Mobile. If approved by the court, all pretrial and trial deadlines, including depositions and discovery, would be cancelled." The motion calls for AT&T to file follow-up paperwork with the DOJ as to its plans regarding T-Mobile no later than January 12. The Justice Department had indicated last week that it might stay the trial after AT&T withdrew its merger application from the Federal Communications Commission. The Justice Department said it will reconsider the acquisition if and once AT&T submits a new plan to the FCC. By staying the trial, the Department of Justice and other parties have effectively halted AT&T's attempt to acquire T-Mobile USA. AT&T said, "AT&T is committed to working with Deutsche Telekom to find a solution that is in the best interests of our respective customers, shareholders and employees. We are actively considering whether and how to revise our current transaction to achieve the necessary regulatory approvals so that we can deliver the capacity enhancements and improved customer service that can only be derived from combining our two companies' wireless assets."
|What a JOKE!||yarmock||
|I hope this goes through....||EliteABombAZ||
This forum is closed.