AT&T Announces Five New Android Smartphones
AT&T announced a slew of new Android smartphones today from Motorola, Samsung, Pantech, and ZTE.
- Motorola Atrix 2: The Atrix 2 is a follow up to this year’s Atrix with a few spec bumps. It includes a dual-core 1GHz processor with 1GB of RAM; 4.3-inch qHD display with 960 x 540 pixels; and a 2GB microSD card. The Atrix 2 can access AT&T’s HSPA+ network at 21Mbps. It also includes an 8-megapixel camera with LED flash, 1080p HD video capture, fast-camera start-up, and a user-facing camera. The Atrix 2 runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread, supports HDMI mirror mode, Motorola’s Lapdock accessory, and Zumocast.
- Samsung Captivate Glide: This sideways slider has a 4-inch Super AMOLED Plus display in addition to a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. It features a dual-core 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, 1GB of RAM, 1GB of internal storage and support for microSD cards up to 32GB; Android 2.3 Gingerbread; 8-megapixel main camera with autofocus, flash, and 1080p HD video capture; a 1.3-megapixel user-facing camera, and support for HSPA+ at 21Mbps.
- Samsung DoubleTime: This Android 2.2 Froyo smartphone has a dual-screen design and a flip form factor that features a 600MHz processor with 260MB of RAM; a 3.2-inch 320 x 480 pixel display; 3.2-megapixel camera with video capture, and voice recognition. It supports microSD cards up to 32GB.
- Pantech Pocket: This Android 2.3 Gingerbread phone has a 4-inch display with 600 x 800 pixels; 5-megapixel camera with flash and 720p HD video capture; support for 32GB microSD cards; Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, and 600MB of RAM.
- ZTE Avail: This device is aimed at customers of AT&T’s prepaid GoPhone service. It has a 5-megapixel camera with autofocus and video capture; 512MB of RAM and 512MB ROM, 3.5-inch touch display; Wi-Fi, and Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
AD article continues below...
Hands-On: Samsung Captivate Glide
The Captivate Glide from Samsung adds a slide-out QWERTY keyboard to the familiar look of Samsung's Galaxy phones. It is fast, svelte, and has a great display.
Review: Samsung Captivate Glide for AT&T
Samsung delivers a winner in the Captivate Glide, an Android smartphone that includes a slide-out QWERTY keyboard for the messaging minded mobile user.
Hands-On: Samsung DoubleTime
The DoubleTime is an entry-level clamshell Android phone aimed at converting the quick-messaging device crowd to smartphone users.
Hands-On: Pantech Pocket for AT&T
One of the more interesting devices announced during the CTIA trade show this week is the Pantech Pocket. This Android smartphones offers a wide(r) screen than most other Android devices and is a fine phone from Pantech.
Hands-On: Motorola Atrix 2
Motorola offers a follow-up to the Atrix with the Atrix 2. This sequel goes for the gusto with major spec improvements, such as a qHD display, 8-megapixel camera, and 21Mbps HSPA+.
3.2" display 320 x 480 pixels
1,200 mAh battery
Memory Card Slot, Hardware Text Keyboard, Headphone Jack (3.5mm)
4" display 600 x 800 pixels
Snapdragon S2 MSM8255 processor 0.5 GB RAM
1,500 mAh battery
Memory Card Slot, Headphone Jack (3.5mm)