AT&T Announces Five New Android Smartphones
AT&T announced a slew of new Android smartphones today from Motorola, Samsung, Pantech, and ZTE.
- Motorola Atrix 2: The Atrix 2 is a follow up to this year’s Atrix with a few spec bumps. It includes a dual-core 1GHz processor with 1GB of RAM; 4.3-inch qHD display with 960 x 540 pixels; and a 2GB microSD card. The Atrix 2 can access AT&T’s HSPA+ network at 21Mbps. It also includes an 8-megapixel camera with LED flash, 1080p HD video capture, fast-camera start-up, and a user-facing camera. The Atrix 2 runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread, supports HDMI mirror mode, Motorola’s Lapdock accessory, and Zumocast.
- Samsung Captivate Glide: This sideways slider has a 4-inch Super AMOLED Plus display in addition to a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. It features a dual-core 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, 1GB of RAM, 1GB of internal storage and support for microSD cards up to 32GB; Android 2.3 Gingerbread; 8-megapixel main camera with autofocus, flash, and 1080p HD video capture; a 1.3-megapixel user-facing camera, and support for HSPA+ at 21Mbps.
- Samsung DoubleTime: This Android 2.2 Froyo smartphone has a dual-screen design and a flip form factor that features a 600MHz processor with 260MB of RAM; a 3.2-inch 320 x 480 pixel display; 3.2-megapixel camera with video capture, and voice recognition. It supports microSD cards up to 32GB.
- Pantech Pocket: This Android 2.3 Gingerbread phone has a 4-inch display with 600 x 800 pixels; 5-megapixel camera with flash and 720p HD video capture; support for 32GB microSD cards; Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, and 600MB of RAM.
- ZTE Avail: This device is aimed at customers of AT&T’s prepaid GoPhone service. It has a 5-megapixel camera with autofocus and video capture; 512MB of RAM and 512MB ROM, 3.5-inch touch display; Wi-Fi, and Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
AD article continues below...
US Cellular Lands the ZTE Grand S Pro
U.S. Cellular and ZTE today announced the Grand S Pro, a high-end Android smartphone that costs $99 with a two-year contract.
Galaxy S8 to Cost $750, S8+ to Cost $850: Carriers Share Launch Details
Samsung's new Galaxy S8 and S8+ smartphones will cost $750 and $850, respectively. The phones share almost all features other than size and both ship with 64 GB of internal storage.
T-Mobile and MetroPCS to Sell ZTE Concord II
ZTE today announced the Concord II, an Android smartphone that will be sold by both T-Mobile and MetroPCS. The Concord II is a low-cost device that follows the 2012-era original.
Samsung Reveals the Galaxy E5 for Tracfone
Samsung has published details about the Galaxy E5, a low-cost Android handset intended for Tracfone. The E5 has a 5-inch, Super AMOLED 720p HD screen and is powered by a quad-core 1.2 GHz processor with 1.5 GB of RAM.
Walmart Selling ZTE Lever LTE Phablet for Straight Talk
Walmart recently added the ZTE Lever LTE to its lineup of handsets for Straight Talk Wireless. The Lever LTE is a phablet boasting a 6-inch 720p display protected by Gorilla Glass.
3.2" display 320 x 480 pixels
processor 0 GB RAM
1,200 mAh battery
Memory Card Slot, Text Keyboard, Hardware, Headphone Jack (3.5mm)
4" display 600 x 800 pixels
Snapdragon S2 MSM8255 processor 0.5 GB RAM
1,500 mAh battery
Headphone Jack (3.5mm), Memory Card Slot