Nokia Announces Five New Phones
Jun 14, 2004, 9:56 AM by (staff)
Nokia today announced five new phones, covering a full range from top-end to entry-level:
- 6630: Nokia's first 3G smartphone, first 3G phone with video calling, and the world's first phone with both WCDMA and EDGE. Features include Series 60 OS, 1.2 megapixel camera, video recording up to 1 hour, 74 MB of expandable memory, and Bluetooth. Available Q4 2004.
- 6260: A tri-band GSM Series 60 smartphone with a twisting clamshell design, Bluetooth, VGA camera, and push-to-talk. Available Q3 2004.
- 6170: Clamshell, tri-band GSM phone with stainless steel design, EDGE high-speed data, push-to-talk, VGA camera, and dual color displays. Available Q4 2004.
- 2650: Entry-level, dual-band GSM phone with clamshell design, color display, and Java. Available Q3 2004.
- 2600: Enrty-level, dual-band GSM phone with color display. Available Q3 2004.
This should quiet some naysayers.