CTIA Wireless 2003
In-depth coverage of the wireless event of the year. News, photos, and daily reports - live from the show floor in New Orleans. The most extensive show coverage on the web.
AD article continues below...
CTIA Wireless 2003 took place March 17-19 in New Orleans, and Phone Scoop was there to bring you the inside scoop from North America's largest wireless event. I met with all the major companies, collected all kinds of great information, and took plenty of pictures.
The coverage is broken down into several sections:
- The Daily Reports consist of photos and loads of info from my meetings
with all of the major companies at the show:
- Preview: Photos and info from the MobileFocus event the night before the show. Companies covered include Kyocera, Sprint, Samsung, and Hitachi.
- Day 1: Info from the Sprint PCS press conference, Verizon Wireless press conference, and meetings with Motorola, Audiovox, Siemens, Panasonic, and TTPCom. Also, some hands-on time with the Samsung Matrix Phone.
- Day 2: Info from LG, Nokia, Nixxo, Telson, Sony Ericsson, NEC, and Danger.
- Day 3: More from Nokia, meeting with Kyocera, Fashion Show photos, Mobile Tornado Push-To-Talk, and Bill Gates' MMDC 2003 keynote.
- Finally, a separate wrap-up report, State of the Industry, contains a concise analysis of the major news from the show, with background to put it all in perspective.
WeBoost, SureCall Roll Out In-Home Signal Boosters
WeBoost and SureCall both used CES as an opportunity to show off new cell signal boosters. Both products work in a similar fashion: they collect cell signals from nearby cell towers, amplify them, and rebroadcast them within the home to improve coverage and signal strength.
Google to Let People Design Their Own Nexus Cases
Google today announced Live Cases, a way for Nexus owners to personalize their handset while also protecting it. Interested consumers can upload a photo to Google's site, select a case style, and Google will make the case and ship it.
Facebook to Support iPhone's Live Photos
The Facebook iOS application now lets users upload, share, and view Live Photos captured with the iPhone 6s or 6s Plus. Live Photos debuted with the newest iPhones from Apple earlier this year.
Verizon Debuts In-Home LTE Extender, Pixel 2 Promo
Verizon Wireless today announced the Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2, a device meant to improve wireless coverage at your house or small business. Like many network extenders, the Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2 plugs into your home's wired broadband service.