Acer Drops Multiple Windows Mobile Phones at MWC
Today Acer announced at least four new touch phones running Windows Mobile Professional. All share many features, including quad-band GSM/EDGE and tri-band HSDPA, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and microSDHC support. They also have a custom widget UI on top of Windows Mobile.
- M900: This phone has a 3.8-inch 480 x 800 WVGA display, accelerometer and FM radio, with a 5-megapixel camera, fingerprint reader and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
- F900: The F900 has the same 3.8-inch display as the M900, but loses the keyboard and some camera resolution to fit in a 12mm-thin body.
- DX900: This phone has dual SIM slots, allowing for two separate phone numbers. It also has 3G a 3 megapixel camera, accelerometer, and a 480 x 640 VGA display.
- X960: This simpler smartphone focuses on navigation, and has a VGA display, 3 megapixel camera and a 3D user interface.
- F1 (code name): Windows Mobile 6.5, 3.7-inch display, accelerometer, 5 megapixel camera, all in a 12mm thin body.
- L1 (code name): A smartphone with a feature phone price (as cheap as free with contract). Features slider design with numeric keypad, GPS, touch screen, and multiple color options.
- C1 (code name): Affordable like the L1. Standard slab form factor, with jog wheel and multiple color options.
Lumia 950 is Microsoft's Flagship Windows 10 Phone
Microsoft today announced the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL, its own flagship phones for its new OS, Windows 10. The phones support Windows Continuum for an optional full Windows Desktop experience when connected to a desktop monitor.
Boost Mobile Scores LG Volt 2 and Tribute 2
Boost Mobile today announced the LG Volt 2 and LG Tribute 2, updates to two of last year's big sellers for the prepaid carrier. Both devices share several hardware features, such as LG's signature rear-placed buttons, 1.2 GHz quad-core processors, LTE, Bluetooth, and WiFi.
Acer Liquid M330 Runs Windows 10 for $100
Microsoft recently added the Acer Liquid M330, a low-cost handset running Windows 10 Mobile, to its U.S. web store.
Blu Vivo X Boasts 4 Cameras, 6-Inch 18:9 Display
Blu Products today announced the Vivo X, a flagship handset that costs less than $300. The phone is among the first from Blu to jump to the 18:9 aspect ratio for its 6-inch 1440 by 720p display.
T-Mobile Outs Windows 10 VR Phone From Alcatel
T-Mobile today listed the "Alcatel IDOL 4S with Windows 10 VR" on its web site. The unique version of the Idol 4S not only runs Windows 10, but sports many of the upgrades available in the related BlackBerry DTEK60, such as the high-end Snapdragon 820 processor, 21-megapixel camera, and USB Type-C connector, none of which are in the standard Idol 4S.
Need CDMA version...