Acer Drops Multiple Windows Mobile Phones at MWC
Today Acer announced at least four new touch phones running Windows Mobile Professional. All share many features, including quad-band GSM/EDGE and tri-band HSDPA, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and microSDHC support. They also have a custom widget UI on top of Windows Mobile.
- M900: This phone has a 3.8-inch 480 x 800 WVGA display, accelerometer and FM radio, with a 5-megapixel camera, fingerprint reader and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
- F900: The F900 has the same 3.8-inch display as the M900, but loses the keyboard and some camera resolution to fit in a 12mm-thin body.
- DX900: This phone has dual SIM slots, allowing for two separate phone numbers. It also has 3G a 3 megapixel camera, accelerometer, and a 480 x 640 VGA display.
- X960: This simpler smartphone focuses on navigation, and has a VGA display, 3 megapixel camera and a 3D user interface.
- F1 (code name): Windows Mobile 6.5, 3.7-inch display, accelerometer, 5 megapixel camera, all in a 12mm thin body.
- L1 (code name): A smartphone with a feature phone price (as cheap as free with contract). Features slider design with numeric keypad, GPS, touch screen, and multiple color options.
- C1 (code name): Affordable like the L1. Standard slab form factor, with jog wheel and multiple color options.
Boost Mobile Scores LG Volt 2 and Tribute 2
Boost Mobile today announced the LG Volt 2 and LG Tribute 2, updates to two of last year's big sellers for the prepaid carrier. Both devices share several hardware features, such as LG's signature rear-placed buttons, 1.2 GHz quad-core processors, LTE, Bluetooth, and WiFi.
Acer Liquid M330 Runs Windows 10 for $100
Microsoft recently added the Acer Liquid M330, a low-cost handset running Windows 10 Mobile, to its U.S. web store.
Lumia 430 Most Affordable Windows Phone Yet
Microsoft today announced the Lumia 430, an entry-level smartphone that will be among those updated to Windows 10. The Lumia 430 features a 4-inch WVGA screen; 1.2GHz Snapdragon 200 processor with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage; 2-megapixel main camera and VGA user-facing camera; and 1,500mAh battery.
LG Debuts the F60, A Budget LTE Smartphone
LG today announced the F60, what it calls an affordable handset with LTE 4G on board. The F60 features a 4.5-inch WVGA display and 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor with 1GB of RAM and either 4 or 8GB of internal storage.
Need CDMA version...