Sony Ericsson Launches 6 New Phones Including 5 Megapixel US-Friendly Shooter
Jun 14, 2007, 12:42 PM by (staff)
Sony Ericsson today announced 6 new phones as well as an overwhelming number of accessories including speaker systems and Bluetooth watches. Of the phones announced today, the K850 is the only one clearly meant for US shore, however many others will come in US-friendly versions. New high-end models include a send and end as well as soft keys, a trend first seen on the Z750. This hints that they will include a new user interface.
- K850: A candybar with tri-band HSDPA and quad-band GSM/EDGE has a 5 Megapixel auto-focus camera and Xenon flash. It also features a new photo mode that changes the keypad when the camera is activated for easier control. The K850 also has Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR and a combo M2/MicroSD memory card slot.
- W960: This followup to the W950 features tri-band GSM/EDGE and UMTS 2100. It has a 2.6-inch touch-sensitive display and uses the Walkman touch player interface based on Symbian UIQ. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory for storing media. The W960 also has a 3.2 Megapixel camera with autofocus. It has Wi-Fi and the Opera Web browser, stereo Bluetooth and comes with a pair of stereo bluetooth headphones.
- W910: A slider with motion-sensitive controls allowing you to change tracks or play games by shaking it. It will ship in two versions. The W908c will be quad-band GSM/EDGE, and the W910i will also include UMTS/HSDPA 2100. Both versions have a 2 Megapixel camera and the Walkman 3.0 player. It also comes with stereo Bluetooth and a 1 GB Memory Stick Micro for storing media.
- K530: A mid-range candybar for Europe with tri-band GSM/GPRS (900/1800/1900) and UMTS 2100 that features a 2 Megapixel camera, stereo Bluetooth, Memory Stick Micro slot and support for a new GPS receiver and software suite that plugs into the accessory port.
- Z320: An entry-level tri-band clamshell that will be available in a US version (GSM/GPRS 850/1800/1900). Features a 1.3 Megapixel camera and internal color display, but only features an icon display on the cover, like many of Motorola's W series phones.
- Z250: An even simpler version of the Z320 featuring a VGA camera. Also available in a tri-band version for the US.
Microsoft Trots Out Nokia 222 Feature Phone
Microsoft today announced the Nokia 222, a bar-style feature phone that runs Nokia Series 30+ and includes only the most essential functions. The Nokia 222's core apps include MSN Weather, Bing Search, Opera Mini, as well as Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Twitter.
Alcatel's Flagship Idol 4S Includes VR Goggles
Alcatel today announced the Idol 4 and Idol 4S, the company's new top-end phones. Both phones sport a premium design with metal frame, and glass front and back.
Sony Launches Xperia X Series
Today Sony announced the Xperia X series at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. The new phones focus on performance in two core areas: camera and battery.
Sony Trots Out the Xperia Z4 with Little Fanfare
Sony today announced the Xperia Z4, a modest update to is 2014 flagship, the Z3. The Z4 features a glass and metal design that is water and dust proof.
US carrier for K850?
at&t coughed too much money for iPhone
Green/Black housing - metal?
Does NOT have full US support - no 850 band
* GSM 900
* GSM 1800
* GSM 1900
* UMTS 850
* UMTS 1900
* UMTS 2100
Supports UMTS850, but not GSM850.
Where are the new SE's for T-Mobile USA?
My favs should be a network s...
let's see what'll come in Q1 2008
sonyericsson is surely coming back, after T610, just sit and see
I love my symbian phone!
http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/06/k850_fro ... »
The UI isn't Symbian, it's UIQ, which is quite different from the S60 interface that Nokia uses on their Symbian-based p...
From the Horses Mouth, K850 IS Quad-Band
http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=global&lc=en& ... »
http://www.wireless.att.com/travelguide/coverage/cov ... »
How many times a year does SE announce new phones?