Nokia Introduces 6 Entry Level Phones
May 3, 2007, 1:02 PM by (staff)
Nokia today introduced six entry level handsets all of which will be available in GSM 850/1900 models. Although Nokia launched these with a focus on developing markets like India, similar models have made their way into the US in the past. Among today's models is the "Barracuda," Nokia's thinnest candybar yet.
- 2630: The Barracuda is a 10mm thick candybar with a VGA camera, Bluetooth, FM radio and MP3 ringtones. It is also the only model introduced today to feature EDGE, so larger US carriers may pick up this model. Due out in the third quarter.
- 2760: A clamshell style phone with the same features as the 2630 except for EDGE. Also features a monochrome external caller ID screen. The 2760 is dual-band GSM/GPRS and due out in the third quarter.
- 2660: A camera-less version of the 2760. Due out this quarter.
- 1630: A simple candybar phone with an FM radio, flashlight, MP3 ringtones and color screen. Due out this quarter.
- 1208/1200: Two entry level candybars with few features other than a flashlight and Xpress-on covers. However they have features for developing markets like multiple phone books and cost control. The 1208 has a color screen, while the 1200 is monochrome. Both are due out in the third quarter.
|Nothing to write home about...||muchdrama||
This forum is closed.