Pantech Reveals 2007 GSM Lineup
Mar 28, 2007, 4:23 PM by (staff)
Pantech this week announced a new lineup of GSM and WCDMA phones for the US, to replace and extend the current models offered for Cingular.
- C600: A small clamshell 3G phone with an internal antenna. Features include EDGE, dual-band WCDMA, a microSD memory card slot, stereo Bluetooth, and a VGA camera. Available early 3rd quarter.
- C710: A higher-end clamshell 3G phone with a sleeker design. Feature upgrades over the C600 include a megapixel camera, PTT, and most likely HSDPA. Planned for late 3rd quarter.
- C510: A clamshell music phone with external music controls, stereo Bluetooth, and a microSD memory card slot. Features include quad-band GSM, EDGE, an OLED external display, and a 1.3 megapixel camera. Available in the 2nd quarter.
- C150: An update to the C120 that adds Bluetooth, EDGE, and a larger display in a slimmer package. Available in the 2nd quarter.
- C3b: An update to the C3 that adds Bluetooth. Available in April.
Alcatel's Flagship Idol 4S Includes VR Goggles
Alcatel today announced the Idol 4 and Idol 4S, the company's new top-end phones. Both phones sport a premium design with metal frame, and glass front and back.
Microsoft Trots Out Nokia 222 Feature Phone
Microsoft today announced the Nokia 222, a bar-style feature phone that runs Nokia Series 30+ and includes only the most essential functions. The Nokia 222's core apps include MSN Weather, Bing Search, Opera Mini, as well as Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Twitter.
LG Terra, Flip World Phone, Lands On Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless recently added the LG Terra to its lineup of basic feature phones. The Terra is a flip phone that runs a simple operating system with features such as text-to-speech for listening to text messages and photo ID for identifying incoming calls.
Verizon Debuts LG Transpyre
Verizon today added the LG Transpyre to its prepaid lineup. This basic Android phone is essentially the same phone as the LG Tribute offered by Virgin Mobile, except with more memory and a better front camera.
Sharp looking phones