Samsung Debuts Handful of Handsets
Jan 8, 2007, 4:40 PM by (staff)
Samsung has been busy working behind the scenes to deliver 6 new phones today at CES including a number of US-bound Ultra Edition phones bound for Cingular as well two new CDMA messaging-centric phones.
- SGH-A727: The A727 is an ultra-slim bar-style GSM phone based on the same body as the T-Mobile Trace. However the A727 packs in HSDPA and access to all of Cingular's latest 3G services including music and video as well. It comes with a 1.3-megapixel camera with video capture, MP3 player, Bluetooth 2.0, speakerphone, voice recognition and expandable memory slot.
- Ultra Music Phone: The Ultra Music F300 that was announced previously is coming to the US. In addition to this announcement, Samsung also officially unveiled the phone side of the F300. The F300 features two LCD screens, one on each side, touch sensitive music controls, Bluetooth and a MiniSD slot. Although no carrier has been announced yet, the camera startup screen looked very similar to other Samsung phones for Cingular.
- A717: A US version of the Ultra Edition clamshell with HSDPA. Instead of the M610's more rectangular look, the A717 preserves the original angular lines of the original. Features include a 2 megapixel camera, external OLED display, Bluetooth and MicroSD slot. It will be coming to Cingular but no launch date has been set.
- i760: A CDMA Windows Mobile phone featuring a numeric keypad on the front and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. The i760 features EV-DO, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a 1.3 Megapixel camera. It is due out on Verizon Wireless in mid 2007.
- U740: Samsung finally showed off the previously uncovered dual-hinged QWERTY clamshell. The U740 is a CDMA EVDO message-centric phone in the same category as the enV. It features a 1.3 Megapixel camera and Bluetooth. It should debut on Verizon Wireless in the first quarter.
- T329: A rounded entry-level clamshell for T-Mobile with a monochrome external display. Tri-band GSM/GPRS (850/1800/1900) with Bluetooth and VGA. To be released next month.
This forum is closed.