LG Rolls Out 2006 Lineup
Apr 5, 2006, 11:00 AM by (staff)
LG today revealed part of its U.S. CDMA and GSM lineup for 2006:
- LX-550: A clamshell CDMA music phone with FM broadcast for listening to music through home or car audio systems. Other features include EVDO high-speed data, external media controls, changeable faceplates, Bluetooth, microSD memory card slot, 1.3 megapixel camera, dual color displays, and speakerphone.
- VX-8300: Another clamshell CDMA EVDO music phone, this update to the VX-8100 is thinner, adds stereo Bluetooth and advanced GPS, and switches to the microSD memory card format.
- VX-5300: This clamshell CDMA phone is an update to the VX-5200 that ads Bluetooth. Other features are similar, including a VGA camera and dual color displays.
- CG225: An entry-level GSM clamshell camera-phone. Features include quad-band GSM, VGA camera, advanced instant messaging, speakerphone, and an external display.
- LX-350: First previewed at CES but now official, this sleek clamshell CDMA phone sports a hidden external OLED display, 1.3 mega pixel camera, Bluetooth, speakerphone, and speaker-independent voice dialing. (not shown)
- VX-3400: This basic CDMA clamshell phone is an update to the VX-3300 that adds an external display. (not shown)
from LG Mobile Phones
Kyocera Flips Out Over LTE-Only Cadence Feature Phone for Verizon
Kyocera this week announced the Cadence, a flip phone for Verizon Wireless that supports LTE but not CDMA. In addition to LTE, the Cadence sports WiFi with voice over WiFi and HD Voice for clearer phone calls.
LG Terra, Flip World Phone, Lands On Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless recently added the LG Terra to its lineup of basic feature phones. The Terra is a flip phone that runs a simple operating system with features such as text-to-speech for listening to text messages and photo ID for identifying incoming calls.
Marshall Debuts the London, Its First Smartphone
Marshall Headphones today announced the London, an Android smartphone that puts music features in the front row. Marshall designed the phone to evoke the look and feel of its analog guitar amplifiers.
Meet the LG Exalt, Verizon's First LTE-Only Flip Phone
Verizon Wireless recently added the LG Exalt LTE to its lineup of inexpensive flip phones. The Exalt LTE has the distinction of being Verizon's first 4G LTE basic phone, according to the carrier.
Music, music, music...
i like that lg 550
but the bottom line is $$$. The more you sell the more you make.
The 125 was the best selling phone at SPrint PCS at one time and the 225 was the best after that.
Where's the Palms?
Is the LG VX8300 the gray phone in the picture with the music buttons?
hidden external display?