Sony Ericsson Unveils 2006 Lineup
Feb 28, 2006, 8:27 AM by (staff)
Sony Ericsson today announced a slew of new GSM and 3G camera phones:
- K800: Bar-style 3G camera phone with Cybershot 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera, true xenon flash, QVGA display, music player, FM radio, Bluetooth 2.0, full HTML browser with RSS, USB 2.0 with mass storage mode, Blogger integration, Memory Stick Micro (M2) card slot, and push email support (P-IMAP).
- K790: Same as K800 except tri-band EDGE (including Americas version with GSM 850) instead of 3G.
- W300: Clamshell quad-band GSM phone with Walkman music player, EDGE data (class 10), Memory Stick Micro (M2) card slot (256 MB card included,) FM radio, VGA camera, Bluetooth, USB 2.0 with mass storage mode, monochrome outer display, and Adobe Flash technology.
- K510: Bar-style tri-band GSM phone with 1.3 megapixel camera and Bluetooth. Also features a full HTML browser with RSS reader, changeable covers, and speakerphone. Available in versions for Europe/Asia and the Americas (with GSM 850).
- Z530: Clamshell tri-band phone with Bluetooth and Memory Stick Micro (M2) card slot. Also features a VGA camera, music player, USB 2.0 with mass storage mode, and changeable covers. No GSM 850 version.
- K310: Basic bar-style tri-band phone with VGA camera, push email, speakerphone, and changeable covers. Americas version will have GSM 850.
Nokia 3310 3G Hits Best Buy This Month for $60
HMD Global, the maker of Nokia-branded handsets, today said the 3310 3G will be available in the U.S. through Best Buy.
Nokia Adds 3G and US Support to Retro 3310
HMD Global today announced the Nokia 3310 3G, an updated version of its retro feature phone announced earlier this year. The new model is slightly larger and has a new interface, but externally looks like the 2G version of this year's 3310.
Sony Xperia L2 Adds Fingerprint Reader, Will Be Sold In U.S.
Sony Mobile today announced the Xperia L2, an affordable Android smartphone that makes some significant upgrades compared to its predecessor. To start, the phone has a metal frame and glass front.
AT&T Now Selling the Rugged Sonim XP8 and XP5s
AT&T recently added the Sonim XP8 and XP5s to its roster of rugged phones. Both devices are intended to be used by FirstNet customers (first responders), though they are also available for consumers to purchase.
Microsoft Trots Out Nokia 222 Feature Phone
Microsoft today announced the Nokia 222, a bar-style feature phone that runs Nokia Series 30+ and includes only the most essential functions. The Nokia 222's core apps include MSN Weather, Bing Search, Opera Mini, as well as Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Twitter.
Wow! For the americas?
Wow! Already built with GSM 850 and everything! K790a will be my next phone!
Until you see the next big thing, right? ;)
Hands-On report from NYC just posted
just kidding......I already read it.....very nice. I like the k790, but I hope they fix the issue with the keys. It would be a shame to make such a nice phone and then handicap it with a horrible ...