Many Megapixel Cameraphones Coming From Samsung
Jan 4, 2006, 12:47 AM by (staff)
Samsung announced a number of GSM and CDMA phones bound for the US today. The phone are mostly higher end models, each including a 1.3 megapixel camera and all but one has a Micro SD (TransFlash) slot.
- ZX20: This successor to the ZX10 upgrades the phone to true HSDPA and adds new features such as Bluetooth 2.0, music and video on demand and an advanced media player. Both phones are quad band GSM / GPRS (EDGE) and dual band (850/1900) UMTS, and have a Micro SD slot and 1.3 MP camera. The ZX10 is due out on Cingular this month, the ZX20 is due out in the second quarter.
- A930: A sleek looking EV-DO clamshell with video and music on demand, plus support for downloading music via computer or over the air. Also features Bluetooth, a Micro SD slot, 1.3 MP camera and stereo speakers. It is due out this first quarter, most likely on Verizon.
- T709: This smaller but thicker slider is GSM/GPRS (EDGE) 850/1800/1900 and packs a data surprise - Wi-Fi. Features include an MP3 player, 1.3 MP camera, instant messaging and speaker independent voice recognition. It is due out in the second quarter on T-Mobile.
- T609: A slim clamshell with quad band GSM / GPRS (EDGE). Features a 1.3 MP camera, Micro SD slot, Bluetooth, MP3 player, and software to configure and sync the phone over the air. Due out in the third quarter on T-Mobile.
- D807: A cousin to the t809 and the European D800, the D807 is a slim slider with a 1.3 MP camera, a Micro SD slot, Bluetooth and an MP3 player. It is due out in the second quarter, most likely on Cingular.
The Galaxy S7 Has Micro-USB for Gear VR
When Samsung's Galaxy S7 and S7 edge were announced this week, many people wondered why the phones have a micro-USB port instead of the newer USB Type-C connector. The competing LG G5 and a growing number of phones at all price points this year include Type-C.
Blu Vivo Air LTE Measures 5.1mm Thick
Blu updated the Vivo Air today to include 4G LTE for AT&T, T-Mobile, and other GSM providers. The Vivo Air LTE is machined from aluminum and maintains a slim profile at 5.1mm thick.
Cricket Launches Two Galaxy Amp Handsets from Samsung
Cricket Wireless today announced the Galaxy Amp Prime and Galaxy Amp 2 (pictured), two low-cost Android smartphones from Samsung. Both devices ship with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and Samsung's software customizations, such as Quick Launch for the camera.
LG Terra, Flip World Phone, Lands On Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless recently added the LG Terra to its lineup of basic feature phones. The Terra is a flip phone that runs a simple operating system with features such as text-to-speech for listening to text messages and photo ID for identifying incoming calls.
Samsung's Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Are Waterproof
Samsung today announced the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, upgrades to last year's designs that make under-the-hood refinements and add several new features. The GS7 and GS7 Edge maintain the glass-and-metal design of the GS6, but update the chassis to provide protection from water and other liquids.
Does having wi-fi mean...
does it mean that if i have a t-709, that i will be able to access the internet with my laptop anytime anywhere that's in the network if i hook it up with the phone?
Assuming the t709 has the abili...
A930 for Verizon
T709 looks like.....