Home  ›  News  ›

Sprint Touts Network Progress

Article Comments  8  

Feb 5, 2015, 10:59 AM   by Eric M. Zeman   @phonescooper
updated Feb 5, 2015, 11:08 AM

Sprint today offered a snapshot of the progress it has made deploying LTE around the country. According to its fourth quarter earnings, Sprint's LTE network now reaches 270 million POPs, up from 260 million in the previous quarter. Further, Sprint covers 125 million POPs with LTE over its 2.5GHz spectrum. Last, Sprint has finished deploying voice services across its 800MHz spectrum, and has deployed LTE across 60% of its 800MHz spectrum. It plans to cover the remaining 40% by the end of the year. Speaking to media, Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure said the company is working on VoLTE and carrier aggregation, but it doesn't yet have a timeframe for deploying these technologies. Sprint lost $2.38 billion during the quarter. It had a total net gain of 842,000 customers (pre- and postpaid), making for a total subscriber base of 55.9 million.

more info at Sprint »
more info at Fierce Wireless »

more news about:

Sprint
 

AD

Comments

This forum is closed.

This forum is closed.

gloopey1

Feb 5, 2015, 11:42 AM

800 MHZ Voice

My sole interest in Sprint's Network Vision is the deployment of voice calling over 800 MHZ. Here's my question: if the build out is complete, what must one do to use it? My phone always shows that it is connected to a PCS signal, even though it has 800 capability.
if device is capable of 800MHz voice, which most LTE capable device are, your phone will switch automatically to the strongest band (LTE over 800MHz is different from voice and not on as many phones yet...the feature needed fcc approval). my guess is ...
(continues)
...
download from the play store an app called signalcheck. its a developer closely attached to s4gru.

they app tells you which band you are connected to but i purchased it so it shows on the notification bar what band im connected to and how strong.
...
(continues)
WiGuy

Feb 5, 2015, 2:12 PM

No LTE in

the State Capital (Santa Fe) and the only city that has LTE in the State is Albuquerque and thats fairly new!
Not to fret, San Francisco has such limited LTE that works, its not even worth mentioning.
i dont know about santa fe besides maybe its sprint customers are low, but for rwalford79 San Francisco is your problem. You chose to live in a city that has so much regulation that if there were an endangered ant... there wont be a tower
ArmySF

Feb 5, 2015, 12:49 PM

Yet still no LTE in Tri-Cities WA

Just the entire half of Eastern WA! Rolling Eyes
 
 
Page  1  of 1

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2018 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
2