Nokia Fleshes Out CDMA Lineup
Oct 26, 2005, 8:40 AM by (staff)
Nokia today announced four new CDMA phones for the mid-tier and entry-level markets:
- 6165: Clamshell design with Bluetooth, infrared, 1 megapixel camera with flash and video capture, streaming video playback, speakerphone, voice dialing, and MP3/AAC ringtones. Available 1st half 2006.
- 2855: Similar to 6165, but without a camera or infrared. Nokia's most affordable CDMA phone with Bluetooth. Features a 262,000 color, 128 x 160-pixel display. Available 1st half 2006.
- 2355: Compact and light clamshell phone with color display, FM radio, flashlight, speakerphone, and BREW or Java. Available 1st quarter 2006.
- 1255: Basic bar-style phone with speakerphone and voice memo. Available 1st quarter 2006.
1. The reception I've come to expect from a Nokia phone. The only phone to work pretty well in my house was my old 3589i.
2. Good volume and sound quality - I tried out a 6255i in a store, and it was a little lacking in the volume department.
3. If it also had EVDO - this is way more useful than I thought it was, as it turns out wap runs much, much, much faster over EVDO.
Right now I'm stuck with an e815, which it totally cool - except in my house, where it could really use just a little bit better reception.
Pictures on these models
http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,82181,00.html?sta ... »