Nokia Raises Series 40 To New Heights
Jun 13, 2005, 3:00 AM by (staff)
(updated) Nokia today is launching seven new Series 40 handsets with a renewed focus on ease-of-use. The phones range from 3G models with 2 Megapixel cameras down to entry level models with basic functions and a color screen. The high-end slider models all feature a new 3rd Edition of Nokia's Series 40 interface. A few of the models feature memory card slots, and in those Nokia has begun a shift from MMC / RS-MMC to the miniSD format. All phones announced today are expected to ship in the fourth quarter of this year.
- 6280: A full-featured 3G phone with a slide form factor. GSM/GPRS (EDGE) 900/1800/1900, WCDMA 2100, for use outside of the Americas. Features Series 40 3rd edition, QVGA (320x240) LCD screen, a 2 MP camera with flash, second VGA camera for video calls, miniSD slot, Bluetooth, and FM + visual radio.
- 6270: A 2G version of the 6280, which drops the second VGA camera found on its 3G sibling, but adds stereo speakers, making the 6270 slightly larger. This is Nokia's first quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE phone, although it has not yet been picked up by any U.S. carrier.
- 6265: A CDMA variant of the 6270. Features 1xRTT data and E911 location services, and most of the same features as the 6270, including 2 megapixel camera, miniSD card slot, and Bluetooth.
- 6111: A second slide-style GSM phone, this brings the new design to a mid-range model. GSM/GRPS 900/1800/1900 with Class 8 EDGE. Features a 128x160 screen, 1 Megapixel camera, Bluetooth and FM radio.
- 6060: An entry-level dual-band GSM flip phone. GSM/GPRS 850/1900 or 900/1800. Features a single 128x160 LCD Display, an external LED for call and message notification, and mp3 ringtones.
- 2125: A version of 2115 "Shorty" entry-level CDMA phone with a color screen. All other features are the same.
some pretty sweet phones!
check out www.mobileburn.com for some images and breaf descriptions of these new Nokia models.
Thanks for the tip.
But sliders? I'm not so sure I'm sold on the slider form factor. I'm just not conv...
Why Series 40?
The series 70-80 are for high-end, business oriented customers. The series 40 are for more consumer-minded customers, their features while typical of high-ended phones, lack any higher functionality. The 6270 and 6265 are a g...