Motorola Announces New GSM and 3G Phones
Mar 10, 2005, 2:01 AM by (staff)
Motorola launched 6 handsets today at CeBit, many of which are based on the new RAZR / SLVR slim technologies. Most will come with a new application called SCREEN3 that downloads fresh information to the phone's "desktop."
- V1150: An ultra-slim 3G clamshell. Features a 2MP camera with flash, a second VGA camera for video calling, Bluetooth and Transflash slot. Also features a media player with support for mp3, WMV, and AAC+ audio as well as mpeg4 and WMV video. Expected in the fourth quarter.
- V557: Another update to the V551 handset. This time adding Push to Talk. Still includes a VGA camera, Bluetooth, EDGE and will also be the first to feature SCREEN3. Due out second quarter.
- V280: The SLVRcam. Motorola promised to unveil a whole line of SLVR phones, today they delivered. The V280 shares Bluetooth and a VGA camera as notable features and adds Push to Talk. Should launch in the second half of 2005.
- V270: The SLVRlite. The same phone as the SLVR cam V280 minus the camera and with a slightly more contoured keypad. Also due out in the second half.
- V176: A tiny budget clamshell with Push to Talk.
Review: Motorola 360 Camera
Motorola expanded its ecosystem of Moto Mods this year and none is quite as enticing as the 360 Cam. This snap-on modular accessory adds a 360-degree camera to your Motorola smartphone for capturing immersive pictures and video.
Microsoft Announces the Nokia 215
Microsoft today revealed the Nokia 215, a $29 feature phone meant to help more people get online for the first time. The bar-style phone has a 2.4-inch screen and a numeric keypad.
Motorola Debuts G5 and G5 Plus
Motorola today announced the Moto G5 and G5 Plus, the fifth generation in Motorola's line of mid-range handsets. The phones feature metal frames and adopt a design language that vaguely resembles the Moto Z series.
Fourth-Gen Moto G Comes In Three Varieties
Motorola today announced the fourth-generation Moto G, which is a trio of handsets rather than a single phone. All three devices, which include the Moto G, Moto G Plus, and the Moto G Play, run Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and feature slimmer designs than previous generations.