Siemens Launches 5 New Phones
Mar 9, 2005, 2:02 PM by (staff)
updated At CeBit today, Siemens launched four new GSM phones and their first 3G handset. All models are triband 900/1800/1900 for release in Europe and Asia and feature Class 10 GPRS. Each also has Push To Talk with a dedicated button.
- SXG75: A large, but feature packed, UMTS (3G) phone. Features a QVGA screen, 2 megapixel camera, second camera for video calling, and Assisted GPS. Also has an music player, FM radio, an RS-MMC card slot and Bluetooth.
- M75: A ruggedized phone that share the features of the S65 - Large screen, 1.3 Megapixel camera, RS-MMC, Bluetooth - and adds an music player and Push To Talk.
- CX75: A smaller, mid-tier, candybar style phone with all the features of the M75.
- CF75: Siemens only new phone with EDGE. Clamshell model with dual color screens and a VGA camera.
- CL75: A new fashion phone. This Clamshell will come in new finishes featuring stylish color and pattern combinations. Features internal mirror finish color display and external 65,000-color display. Also includes a VGA camera.
Microsoft Announces the Nokia 215
Microsoft today revealed the Nokia 215, a $29 feature phone meant to help more people get online for the first time. The bar-style phone has a 2.4-inch screen and a numeric keypad.
T-Mobile Last Major US Carrier to Offer Kyocera DuraForce Pro
T-Mobile today added the Kyocera DuraForce Pro to its roster of Android handsets. The phone has been available to AT&T and Sprint customers since last year, and to Verizon customers since January.
LG Announces the X Series 'Specialist' Phones
LG today announced two new smartphones that mark the launch of the X Series handsets. LG says rather than offer all the best features in a single device the X Series mid-range phones will focus on providing one advanced feature.
HTC One M9 Graced with 20-Megapixel Camera
HTC today announced the One M9, its latest flagship phone. It retains the 5-inch full-HD screen of last year's One, but upgrades most other features, including a 20-megapixel main camera with a sapphire lens and the ability to shoot 4K video.
Here they are.
Inquisitor_Hoth said:But could very well be used here (except for the SXG75). The five phones make a fine looking family if you ask me. ...
Finally, some more options available for siemens that will never be released here
They make crappy phones...let's face it. Also, the earpieces went out on me after about a week.
mycool said:Because Siemens mobile divison makes more money than a small country...but not enough to stay stable apparently. Expect the m...
Why do they still bother making phones? It isn't as if they are a popular brand.