Siemens Denies Sale Rumors
Jan 20, 2005, 4:06 PM by (staff)
In an effort to squash ongoing rumors, Siemens has stated that they are not looking to sell their mobile phone division, despite its poor financial performance. The head of Siemens' Works Council, Ralf Heckmann, said "We are not talking about the sale of the unit, but discussing overall problems within the Communications unit," referring to ongoing meetings at the company. An official announcement regarding their decision is expected January 27 at the annual shareholders' meeting. This week Siemens has been plagued by rumors first that they were shutting down their mobile division, then that they were selling the division to LG. Today LG also denied that is in talks with Siemens, saying it has no interest in buying the German handset maker. Last month Ningbo Bird, which manufactures some Siemens phones, also had to deny it was in talks to buy Siemens' mobile business.
Never have I, never...
DukeBlazinsticks said:I can tell you this: If Siemens decides to cell its handset d...
Its no wonder people get confused and may think thier selling, who hasnt or isnt going to within the past 12 months.
Siemens weighs its future.
Whats up...... Who dislikes T-Mobile?
If you just want to chat, please check out the Lounge forum:
How Will This affect the US market?
I am not sure how many people own Siemens phones, but they don't really have a stake in the US cellphone market like Nokia, Samsung, etc.