Motorola Goes High-Speed With New Phones
Jan 6, 2005, 10:56 AM by (staff)
Motorola this week revealed a slew of new phones for the global and U.S. markets, including EV-DO and EDGE handsets:
- E815: Update to V710 (CDMA), adding EV-DO, video-on-demand, 40 MB of internal memory, improved camera and keypad, and new silver styling.
- V635: Update to the V600/V620 (GSM), adding a megapixel camera, TransFlash memory card slot, class 4 EDGE, and a color external display.
- V186: Update to V180 (GSM), adding EDGE high-speed data for use with laptops via USB.
- V171: Entry-level, clamshell dual-band GSM phone with color display and instant messaging.
- C381p: Entry-level, bar-style tri-band GSM phone with PTT (push-to-talk). Features a color display, speakerphone, and MP3 ringtones.
- C698p: Mid-range, bar-style tri-band GSM phone with PTT (push-to-talk). Features a large color display, VGA camera with LED flash, and speakerphone. Currently planned for Latin America only.
- E375: Bar-style tri-band GSM phone with large color display and VGA camera. Currently planned for Asia only.
- i605: Bar-style iDEN phone with large color display and Bluetooth.
- i930: Clamshell iDEN phone with Windows Mobile Smartphone, tri-band GSM, dual color displays, camera with LED flash, speakerphone, and SD card slot.
Nokia 3310 3G Hits Best Buy This Month for $60
HMD Global, the maker of Nokia-branded handsets, today said the 3310 3G will be available in the U.S. through Best Buy.
Microsoft Trots Out Nokia 222 Feature Phone
Microsoft today announced the Nokia 222, a bar-style feature phone that runs Nokia Series 30+ and includes only the most essential functions. The Nokia 222's core apps include MSN Weather, Bing Search, Opera Mini, as well as Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Twitter.
Microsoft Refreshes the Nokia 105
Microsoft today announced a new version of the Nokia 105, its entry-level feature phone. The Nokia 105 is a bar-style device with a physical keypad and 1.45-inch LCD display.
Blu Vivo X Boasts 4 Cameras, 6-Inch 18:9 Display
Blu Products today announced the Vivo X, a flagship handset that costs less than $300. The phone is among the first from Blu to jump to the 18:9 aspect ratio for its 6-inch 1440 by 720p display.
V635..why the memory card?
Also, it only has 5 MB of internal memory, which is next to nothing for a megapixel phone.
I think it might do MP3, too, but...
The specifics said that the V635 is going to have EDGE, so I am assuming that it is a Cingular phone.
i930? More info?
Nice coverage by the way. I'm always reloading here and engadget for updates on CES. It's like I'm there!
http://msmobiles.com/archives/2003.10.2_2627/motorol ... »...
Bluetooth Adapters For Motorola Phones DON"T WORK! Don't waste $40
THE NEW E815
E815 for VZW?