Phone Scoop

printed May 29, 2015
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/account/user_msgs.php?u=181316

Home  ›

User: Zpike

Info Reviews Forum Msgs. Contact  

These are the most recent forum messages posted by Zpike:

I will wait and see
Apr 28, 2015, 8:52 PM
in the Article: Hands-On: LG G4 forum

what happens with the Note 5. But if the battery is sealed in and there's no memory card slot, this phone will be a serious contender as my next device. I love the decision to go with leather. It seems there are premium materials that don't hinder key functionality after all. Phonescoop may think LG is foolish not to follow lockstep with the trends started by Apple, but personally I think Apple will go the way of most trends. ...

Re: Why? Why the curve?
Apr 23, 2015, 4:41 PM
in the Article: Review: LG G Flex 2 forum

>>A unique shape is one thing, but a lot of people highly value premium materials and craftsmanship. I see. So, your phone could be shaped like a pot and that would be fine, as long as premium materials were used? Or is shape just as important to aesthetics after all? And if aesthetics really have the value you say, then why not give this a chance? I would remind you that it hasn't been that long since the original iPhone ...

Color me interested
Apr 23, 2015, 9:35 AM
in the Article: Turing Phone to Offer Secure Communications in Liquidmetal Body forum

Color me interested

Why? Why the curve?
Apr 22, 2015, 12:44 PM
in the Article: Review: LG G Flex 2 forum

>>Why? Why the curve? I totally appreciate the phone's flexibility, but the curved shape adds absolutely no value other than the design aesthetic Is that any different from making a device out of flimsy metals and fragile glass, while sacrificing critical functionality like removable batteries and expandable memory, and calling it premium?

Re: IF
Apr 22, 2015, 12:25 PM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

You missed my point entirely.

Re: IF
Apr 22, 2015, 12:24 PM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

>>I thought it was clear we were talking about localized memory in smartphones, not all forms of localized data... We're talking about the demand for localized data, period. You can't just pretend that cell phones are some kind of special exception. And if you really believe they are, then you need to justify why. >>If you can put together a viable business plan and demonstrate a need in the market for a product that isn't there or other companies are not ...

Re: IF
Apr 20, 2015, 3:38 PM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

>>If the need for localized data is that large wouldn't a company be able to profit from filling that need? Ever been to Best Buy and seen all the hard drives, NAS drives, dvd-r's, cd-r's, and memory sticks on sale? >>You can't say that companies are just exploiting areas for profit while at the same time claiming they are walking away leaving a huge gap in the market. Umm.... if you hadn't noticed Samsung is the worldwide leader in NAND Flash memory. https://fstoppers.com/gear/samsung -jumps-out-sd-microsd-card-space-color-coded- line-9567 They ...

Re: IF
Apr 20, 2015, 2:50 PM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

>>Not when the irrational vastly outnumber the rational. I think that is a bad assumption biased by a constant barrage of customer support calls which only represent a small fraction of your actual customers. But if you truly do believe the vast majority of people to be quite irrational, how is it that you hope the free market will ever win?

Re: IF
Apr 20, 2015, 11:30 AM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

>> I am going to keep an open mind and know there are multiple reasonable explanations as to why they would do this. I would hope that would mean that you are willing to look at the whole picture and see where the technology innovators are pushing us. While the cloud is absolutely awesome, I don't want all my personal data there. I don't want all the key features of my devices to be dependent on it. It is a ...

Re: IF
Apr 20, 2015, 11:08 AM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

>>It doesn't matter if there is a reasonable explanation to give the customer that shows blame is not on the phone itself, once their irrationally pissed off no rational explanation can change that. Then does it make sense to serve the interests of the rational customer or the irrational one? Because you seem to arrive at the conclusion that the interests of the irrational customer (who can't be pacified in the first place) take precedence over those of the rational ...

OR
Apr 20, 2015, 11:01 AM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

>>Can we at least agree this is very plausible reasoning for going away from removable memory Another plausible explanation is that companies which are investing heavily in the cloud are pushing their customers onto it, whether they want to be there or not. One step in that direction is the removal of expandable memory. The difference between our two explanations is that yours is based on the conjecture that all of these companies have independently arrived at the same ...

Re: Chrome
Apr 20, 2015, 10:51 AM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

I'm pretty sure I can get you one of these for $399.99. Let me know what you think. http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/ph one.php?p=63

Sounds like you don't even want a Smart Phone
Apr 20, 2015, 10:46 AM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

How about a really slick looking credit card? That ought to cover most of your bases. You can get a 10 yr old cell phone for the rest.

Re: Oh I see
Apr 20, 2015, 10:42 AM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

>>By going what your saying now Sasuung is no longer a premium device, nor is Apple, HTC, Motorola, etc Premium is, sadly, a subjective word. For many people those devices may be premium. In my opinion they are not. Hopefully the Note 5 will be premium. If not, I'll look to LG. Or perhaps by then Asus will have a premium device in the US.

Re: Oh I see
Apr 20, 2015, 10:39 AM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

>>Ok so with that being said any device that has an accessible battery and/or SD card slot is a premium device? No. If someone was selling a premium automobile that didn't have air conditioning, I'd be the first to pipe up and say the car wasn't premium. However, I wouldn't go calling a Pinto premium just because it has this feature. But the fact remains that premium automobiles should have air conditioning.

Re: And the shill attacks begins....
Apr 20, 2015, 10:23 AM
in the Article: CTIA Hits FCC with Net Neutrality Lawsuit forum

Man, there was time when I respected your opinion. But your comments are bordering on absurd these days. >>But when the government is involved we can rest assured that it will be in the peoples best interests? Ummm.... hopefully. The point of government is to serve the people's interests. The point of corporations is to serve their own interests. Guess which one is the natural ally of the people's interests and has historically and still currently acts on their behalf. Now, guys ...

Re: Oh I see
Apr 13, 2015, 11:27 PM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

>>Premium obviously doesnt mean having an accessible battery or an SD card slot. Ummmmm... yes, it does. >>Premium is going to be the build and the performance Amen to that brother. >>not necessarily how it looks Double Amen. >> If you recall the Galaxy Mega a few years back it had the look of a premium device but clearly wasnt. The mega had neither the looks, feel, specs, nor price tag of a premium device. It was just big. Big doesn't necessarily mean premium.

Re: IF
Apr 13, 2015, 11:13 PM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

It certainly isn't enthusiasm, lol

Chrome
Apr 13, 2015, 4:53 PM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

>>My preference is chrome but they don't make phones in chrome anymore. (Nokia used to make phone in chrome like 10 years ago.) 1. Chrome OS came out in 2009. That wasn't 10 years ago. 2. I'm not aware that there was ever a phone running Chrome. Could you specify the model? As a tech fanatic, I'd be interested in seeing it.

Re: IF
Apr 13, 2015, 4:43 PM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

I'll decide my choices with my dollar while I still can. Funny how all the so-called capitalists on this forum come out in droves to condemn net neutrality (though most of them don't understand it), but when it becomes obvious that consumer choice is no longer driving the market, but instead businesses colluding to bilk their customers, our "so-called" capitalists are nowhere to be found.

Re: Oh I see
Apr 13, 2015, 4:39 PM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

I agree. Premium phones should be "PREMIUM". And that doesn't mean making them out of glass. I'm pretty sure that when someone buys premium wheels for their car those aren't made out of glass either. Premium has ALWAYS meant best possible performance, SO, if I'm not getting best possible performance, the device isn't premium. You want to make it flashy and seal it all up, then put crap hardware inside and sell it for $20. Then people who ONLY ...

IF
Apr 13, 2015, 3:05 PM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

If Samsung seals in the battery and removes the SD card on the Note 5, I'll be looking to LG for my next device.

Actually
Apr 13, 2015, 2:50 PM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

>> You can't tell me carrying three replacement batteries is easier or less of a hassle. Actually it IS more of a hassle. You have to wait for that battery to recharge. With a removable battery, you can pop a new one in and be back up and running in a matter of seconds. How can your huge battery brick possibly be more convenient than that? >> It's all in the cloud, stored mostly for free. What happens when I ...

Oh I see
Apr 13, 2015, 2:41 PM
in the Article: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint forum

We should all drop our preferences and just buy what were told to buy because if a company can sell million of something, those who want something different are obviously wrong. Thanks for explaining how ignorant we all are.

Re: Where's your promised network expansion you cheap ass?
Apr 3, 2015, 6:22 PM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

>>If they agreed to do something they should have done it, sure. Well, they did agree to something, and they did not do it. So, now is enough to just say, "well they should have done it?" Or should we actually go as far as holding them accountable for breach of contract? >> However they never should have been contracted by the government to do it in the first place. I'm a little back and forth on that one. I tend ...

Re: Expected This
Apr 3, 2015, 10:30 AM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

Right, because they should just not get internet service because of their principles and all. Corrupt politicians and huge corporate conglomerates ink out deals that screw over the common man and you blame the little guy. I'm starting to see why liberals hate conservatives so much. Until recently I hadn't met many conservatives that think this way. But hey as long as big business is making a buck it's all good right?

Re: Where's your promised network expansion you cheap ass?
Apr 3, 2015, 10:24 AM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

>>Here's a thought, how about the government NOT invest in private business? But wait. They already did. Should we pretend they didn't? Do these businesses that defrauded the public get a "get out of jail free" card just because it was the wrong thing to do to begin with? Or should they repay their public debt? Or better yet, should they build the product that the American public paid them for and they never delivered? >>This to me is a ...

Re: Hell no..
Apr 3, 2015, 9:34 AM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

Well, we agree on a step. But steps that allow crony capitalism to continue to run rampant are not steps I agree with. I could care less if we call them steps forward or backwards.

Re: Good
Apr 3, 2015, 9:32 AM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

You really don't see that the reasoning is the same?

Re: Good
Apr 2, 2015, 1:34 PM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

>>What do you think happens to profits when the customer gets treated like crap? It's in the companies best interest to keep the consumer happy to keep those profits up. Man. We've been over this again and again. Under crony capitalism businesses don't have to care about their customers because the government guarantees their success. Can't you see that is what is happening with ISP's? It's as plain as the nose on your face.

Re: Good
Apr 2, 2015, 1:30 PM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

Really? Are you going to stop wearing jeans and shoes, because they're all made in sweatshops? Are you going to stop buying Apple products because of the horrid conditions of the factories in China? Are you going to stop buying most other electronics products because they're made under similar conditions? Are you going to stop eating most meats because of the unethical conditions the animals are kept in? Are you going to stop eating at most restaurants because the ...

Re: Expected This
Apr 2, 2015, 1:18 PM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

>>So you accept that there are no monopolies but think that there could be some in the future No. You're missing the point. Crony capitalism is crony capitalism. It doesn't matter if there's just one or four. They still don't really have to compete because the government allows them to cheat the market and stack the cards in their favor. And in many markets, there really is just one choice. It's just as bad as ONE monopoly over the ...

Re: Good
Apr 2, 2015, 1:07 PM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

>> you can't choose for someone not to assault you. Sure you can. You can choose to leave the establishment where that person is, or not to go to certain parts of town. You can run away. You can kiss their ass when they become aggressive. This is basically what you're suggesting the American people do in regards to ISP's.

Re: Where's your promised network expansion you cheap ass?
Apr 2, 2015, 1:04 PM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

>> However more regulation means it will slow everything down and make it more expensive. In the 90's they were given billions in incentives to build a fiber network to every home in the USA that was supposed to be open for any ISP to provide services over. Instead, they built a slow copper network that was closed and posted massive profits. The American public was defrauded of BILLIONS of dollars for a product that was never delivered. How's that ...

Re: Hell no..
Apr 2, 2015, 12:59 PM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

When you have a government endorsed monopoly and you are "too big to fail" profits are guaranteed. There is no incentive to either make a quality product or be competitive with your prices.

Re: Brad, You missed the point entirely
Apr 2, 2015, 11:20 AM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

>>My comparisons to Obamacare are based on the government/media selling the American people on something with claims that turn out to be completely false. Ok, and we get a plenty of that from the government. So, I understand your skepticism of the government, especially where the current administration is involved. But it is clear to me and many others in my field that the internet is headed in the wrong direction. And empty rhetoric isn't going to convince a bunch ...

Re: Good
Apr 2, 2015, 11:13 AM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

>>I feel like I need to clarify that I am not saying that assaulting someone should be legal, there just should be better reasons for you not to assault someone. Brad, I feel like you're missing the point again. The world is full of unethical people who don't have the same values you do. They don't ascribe themselves to any "better reasons". We need laws in order to prevent people like that from harming others. Slammer was more or less ...

Re: Expected This
Apr 2, 2015, 11:07 AM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

>>My point is, why should we be trusting government over all else? They have their own agendas they are pushing. At least with corporations we know where their motives are. Dude! What is it with guys like you? How do you think corporations are inherently better than governments? What is the characteristic of a corporation that find you superior to government? Both entities are run by people, and people aren't really all that different anywhere you go. If notoriously bad ...

Re: Good
Apr 2, 2015, 10:45 AM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

>>I would like to do business with the company that is naturally honest and caring rather than the one who's just doing it because it's the law. You probably need to stop buying 90% of the products you buy then.

Re: Good
Apr 2, 2015, 10:43 AM
in the Article: Verizon CEO Slams FCC, Wants Congress In Charge forum

>> It's unfortunate that you think every single person out there is just trying to "do as little as possible to make as much money as possible" Stop right there. I never said that Brad. That statement is completely out of context. But if you can't realize that profits are the driving force behind mega corporations, then I would urge you to step outside your front door once in a while. >>or trying to "get as many goods and services as ...

(older messages not shown)

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
1